We needed a fancy fence for our latest project presentation, so we decided to make something called stanchion – this is the word of the month! Of course, we made them from scratch.
I had some leftover round plywood from the Capri speaker panels and I bought 1m long wooden shafts.
Plywood edges were sanded.
A hole was drilled in the center and the shaft was glued in the place.
Glue drying in the process.
After everything dried nicely it was spray painted, sanded and spray painted again.
On the top of the pegs I mounted a a cable tie holder, so the rope can reattach numerous times. Also the end of the rope was thread tied and melted to keep it from unraveling.
Here’s a picture of finished stanchions protecting a pineapple with a Capri on top from you know… things.
If we were in the art gallery now, this would be worth millions!